Monday, March 23, 2009

Dawna's Favorite Things

I got this idea from my friend Heather's blog (and I started putting a dryer sheet under the seat of my car- LOVE it, Thanks Heather B!)

So, here's some things I LOVE:


Mr. Clean Magic eraser- I have gotten crayon off walls, black streaks off linoleum and the list goes on, ALL WITHOUT BREAKING MY BACK AND SWEATING! It's so fast! I've noticed generic brands that are cheaper- will try that next to see if they are as effective! Thanks Mom!
Next: I LOVE the taste of Organic milk! It's a new discovery. I think it tastes fresher and just yummy. My favorite brand is actually the cheapest: Private Selection at Smiths (or any Kroger store)

Folex carpet spot remover is AMAZING!!! I have gotten out blueberry juice stains, marker, and about 1000 apple juice stains. This is another one of those products that you don't have to scrub hard for 2 hours- it is fast and effortless and WORKS!



Wheat Montana 100% Whole Wheat Flour is so great- I've replaced it in most of my baking for white flour and it has definitely passed all the family taste tests (kids and Shane....) The only thing better for you would be grinding your own wheat- so until I take that leap, this will keep us all happy and healthier!



Next: Sometimes I really love drugs. My dermatologist put me on a low dose of spironolactone in October, and my irritating mild to moderate "adult" acne has 99% disappeared! Thanks, Reba!



2nd to last, This is a website I discovered thru my friend Angela- I read this lady's updates almost every day, not only cuz she helps you find great deals, but she is laugh-out-loud funny!
http://wantnot.net/
-
-
-
And lastly, I LOVE saying to my kids "YOU GIT WHAT YOU GIT AND YOU DON'T THROW A FIT!!!" altho I admit it's hard for my proper mouth to pronounce "get" as "git" so it doesn't really rhyme when I say it. But the effect is not lost on them. It makes me feel powerful. Thanks, Tia!
-
-
Now it's your turn to tell me what you love! I tag all the bloggers that know me!

5 comments:

Greg and Torrey said...

that last line is from a berenstein bears book. funny! let's see, some of my fav things... scentsy "clean breeze" candles (smells like fresh laundry). "Go-Gurts" (my kids live on those things). i'll have to think about more things and get back to you. good idea though.

Happy Herrons said...

I love your list! Having also just discovered the erasers - they work GOOD! We miss you - come and visit us!!

Greg and Torrey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
porterpies said...

Awwww,so fun!!!

porterpies said...

Woops! I thought I was commenting about the vacation. Looks like you had a blast. And I love Magic Erasers too. They rock!