THEN, the icing on the cake was seeing Grandma Laine in the airport during our connection in Salt Lake City! Elaine is a flight attendant for Southwest, and had a flight to Oakland that left 10 minutes before our flight back to Jackson, so we got to spend about an hour with her. What a great weekend!!!!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
California Vacation
We took a spontaneous family vacation last weekend! Shane was in LA last week and is there this week too, for work training. So the kids and I decided on Wednesday last week to leave the next day and meet him for a long weekend and do some fun things!
The kids and I got there Thursday evening. We took a shuttle from the hotel to Manhattan Beach. It was windy and chilly!!!
We walked out on the pier- the kids thought the ocean was cool. Katie wouldn't stop talking about sharks!
Then we met my cousin Jeff at Manhattan Pizzeria, and afterwards he hung out at our hotel room for a while. My kids have always adored Jeff, and we had some nice chats. Thanks Jeff for coming to see us! You are the best!
On Friday we shuttled to Anaheim and met 3 of my old roommates from college at Disneyland. Only Torrey knew I was coming, so I got to surprise Amy and Sharon! It was a good surprise :) Shane and I have always said we would wait to do Disneyland till the kids were older, but it was so perfect to be there with these great friends of mine! And the kids had a blast.

Riding the rockets at Disneyland with Torrey and her girls, Makenna and Harper

Lots of lines to wait in! But the kids did way better than I thought they would.

Catchin' some grub on the carousel.
Poor Makenna got pink eye that day. Not fun!
Harpy looks a little sad here, but she really was such a happy Harp almost all the time!
Sam was mesmerized by this light saber instructional show- they picked kids out of the audience and let them battle with Darth Vader and Darth Maul. I thought Sam was going to have a siezure he was so excited by it!
Sam on the Buzz Lightyear ride- probly his favorite 
So this is funny. Katie LOVES the movie Monsters Inc. But on the ride, she got so scared!

I looked down at her once and she was covering her eyes, unprompted by anyone! It was too cute. She never cried- it was just intense for her.
Napping in Torrey's stroller, which was big as a house.
This is Sharon and her new AWESOME boyfriend Jeremiah. (Well- they've been together over a year, so not so new. But new to me! We loved Jeremiah.) And that's the back of her son Jordan's head- he's 3.
THEN, the icing on the cake was seeing Grandma Laine in the airport during our connection in Salt Lake City! Elaine is a flight attendant for Southwest, and had a flight to Oakland that left 10 minutes before our flight back to Jackson, so we got to spend about an hour with her. What a great weekend!!!!
THEN, the icing on the cake was seeing Grandma Laine in the airport during our connection in Salt Lake City! Elaine is a flight attendant for Southwest, and had a flight to Oakland that left 10 minutes before our flight back to Jackson, so we got to spend about an hour with her. What a great weekend!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so glad you went to Disneyland! I want to go back SO bad! Thanks for posting pics!
It looked like you had so much fun! Miss ya and love ya!
The pictures of Katie looking scared are so cute! Glad you had a fun time.
That looks SO fun! And I am glad the kids were good - I am sure they will have some great memories!
Oh good so you didn't drop off the blogging world:) Great Pics! The Monsters inc. ride was one of my favorites!
Terra
What a fun vacation! Glad you had such a great time!
That sounds like the dream vacation! I laughed adn laughed about the light saber, I mean seriously, who wouldn't pee their pants to battle darth vador!
Post a Comment